1. John de Lara Spainhour – Philippines
26 year old John was born in South Carolina, USA, growing up in Manila, Philippines. Describing himself as “Disciplined, hardworking and dedicated” John is a former Marine Corp Scout Sniper. Since finishing his service, he has worked as a fashion model, and is looking for new opportunities and adventures to pursue. In his spare time he likes to be in the outdoors, going camping, snowboarding and hiking. He is also a scuba diver and likes to play video games.
More Facts on John
– Current Occupation – Fashion Model
– John has two older brothers, with one working as a model in Thailand.
– When it comes to pop culture, John is a fan of all genres and styles.
– Personal Motto – “Find something that makes you happy”
2. Valeriu Gutu – Republic of Moldova
Currently modelling for a variety of brands, 22 year old Valeriu studied Civil Law at university, and has also worked as a life and fitness coach. Describing himself as “motivated and hard working” Valeriu loves to travel and play sports, especially football. He also likes to dance, skilled at RnB, Jazz and Modern techniques. When it comes to food, Valeriu loves to cook, preferring to make seafood dishes more than anything else. He says that his aspirations are to become a successful businessman in the future.
More Facts on Valeriu
– Current Occupation – Fashion Model
– Favourite Book – Metamorphosis by Frantz Kafka
– Saved a child’s life when he was working as a life guard.
3. Nicklas Pedersen – Denmark
Describing himself as “The happiest guy in the world, who lives life to the fullest”, Nicklas hails from Brondby, a suburb of Copenhagen. A qualified carpenter, he has aspirations of starting his own carpentry firm in the near future. He would also like to try his hand at acting if the opportunity arises. A keen sportsman, Nicklas loves to play football, as well as swimming and going to the gym. When it comes to music, Nicklas is a fan of the 90’s but says he also listens to hip hop and RnB. He also loves to travel, fulfilling a lifelong dream after his apprenticeship when he travelled to Australia.
More Facts on Nicklas
– Favourite Food – Gambas al Ajillo
– Current Occupation – Carpenter
– His friends call him spot, because of a birthmark on the side of his head.
– Personal Motto – “The World is your oyster”
4. Demian Overduijin – Netherlands
Demian was born and raised in Venlo, in the south of the Netherlands. Currently Biology student, he is majoring in Ecology & Biodiversity. Demian has always had animals in his life, (at one point living with 17 pets!) and his aspirations are to work with nature, hopefully in a role on television. In his spare time he likes to be outdoors, playing tennis, skateboarding, gymnastics and Kung Fu. He has been a dance choreographer for 7 years, appearing on a variety of television shows and working for many companies including Nike and the X-Factor. He also loves music from all eras, and likes to play the guitar.
More Facts on Demian
– Current Occupation – Student, Biology: Waeningen University and Research Centre
– Aside from his Salamanders, Demian has 2 pet owls, including Japie a Boreal Owl
– Favourite Song – ‘Stairway to Heaven’ by Led Zeppelin
– Favourite Book – Demian by Herman Hesse
– Personal Motto – “Never Stop Learning!”
5. Dwayne Andrew Kerr – Norther Ireland
Born in Jamaica, Raised just outside Belfast, Dwayne is an aspiring videographer currently working as a Digital Media Assistant. Describing himself as “outgoing, energetic and always up for a laugh”, Dwayne is a multi-talented man, competent at playing the guitar, drums and piano. He is a keen footballer and enjoys working on media projects. Dwayne enjoys listening to acoustic and pop rock music. He hopes to continue his studies to achieve his goal breaking into the film editing industry.
More Facts on Dwayne
– Current Occupation – Digital Media Assistant
– Favourite Book – The Hunger Games Trilogy.
– Favourite Food – Chicken Chow Mein
– Favourite Artists – Maroon 5 & Ed Sheeran
– Motto – Believe and Achieve
Mr. World 2014 Finals night will be tonight around 8 PM Manila time and will be held in Torbay, The English Riviera. Miss World 2013 Megan Young and Mr. World Canada 2012 Frankie Cena will be hosting the finals night. You can watch the webcast of the finals night thru this link.
Mr. World 2014 Live Webcast
*Photos and Profile of Candidates from Mr. World Website