Nuestra Señora de Gracia Church by Dennis Natividad · 365 Project.
The Nuestra Señora de Gracia Church or Guadalupe Church was formerly called Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe and was founded by Augustinian fathers in 1601. The church was dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe in 1603. The construction of the church was done in 1629 with its architecture reminiscent of late Spanish Renaissance and early Baroque architecture. The main entrance has the usual rose window and simple Doric columns of the Renaissance period, but the details on the window and interior are simply Baroque-influenced. The architecture is a hodgepodge of details including the fact that the church’s floor plan is typically Romanesque and not Renaissance.
The reason for this could have been the fact that the church was rebuilt in parts in 1882 because its roof collapsed due to earthquake, and again in 1894 when it was partly burnt in a skirmish between the Filipinos and the Americans.